2 Day C.A.A. HELIDECK RADIO OPERATORS COURSE
Designed to meet the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) requirements for aeronautical radio stations (ARS). The course runs for two days and includes an adjudicated theory and practical exam with a pass mark of 75%. Petans will provide re-sit dates for any unsuccessful delegates. Please note that re-sit fees are not included in the initial course cost.
- Delegates should be able to read, write and understand English to a reasonable level.
- We recommend that delegates study the CAA Radio Course Booklet prior to attending this course. Please click here for the booklet
Delegates successfully completing the course will have achieved practical knowledge of:
- Using the phonetic alphabet
- Standard phraseology
- Communication techniques
- Supplying information to aircraft prior to departure
- Distress and urgency procedures
Recommended refresher trainingNone
Course fees include:
- CAA Radio Licence
- Petans certificate
- CAP 452 (ARS Operators Guide)