Petans has industry leading facilities and we are constantly investing in new facilities to keep them that way. Most of our facilities are at our Norwich site but some that require access to the open sea are at our Lowestoft site. Please call to request an update on when new facilities are becoming operational, check on the latest additions or double check the location of your course.
Currently we have:
- Fire houses for live hot fire fighting training, extensive fire ground with multiple live fire props and smoke houses.
- Two helicopter landing decks (one with a Westland 30) a helicopter flight simulator and fuelling rig.
- Solar heated 10m survival tank complete with life rafts, full safety equipment, hoists etc, helicopter underwater escape trainer.
- Life boat davits with pool and four lifeboats.
- Single and twin davit lifeboat launch facilities, fast rescue craft, lifeboats and access to the open sea (at Lowestoft).
- A high tower for Wind turbine transfer training and operating at heights courses.
- A confined space unit.
- Restaurant, tea rooms, rest rooms, classrooms and briefing rooms. We do not provide hotel accommodation but that can be found nearby.
- We pride ourselves in being flexible and listening to our customers so please ask if you'd like us to add facilities or courses.