2.5 day HELIDECK OPERATIONS INITIAL
From January 1st 2018 this course is for those who are to be appointed to the role of an Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and/or Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA).
As a minimum, delegates must complete IATA, HCA, CAA or state aviation approved dangerous goods awareness training course. Delegates must possess a valid, current offshore medical cert or an operator approved medical.
Delegates successfully completing the course will have gained knowledge and skills of:
- Contributing to helicopter landings and departures
- Handling cargo
- Refuelling helicopters
- Recognise and manage the special hazards associated with Offshore Helicopter Operations and to act to prevent incidents occurring
- Supervise the safe refuelling of helicopters on an offshore Helideck
- Co-ordinate the Emergency Team in action against Helideck emergencies
- Co-ordinate rescue operations in helicopter emergencies
Recommended refresher training
Holder should undertake Further Training in line with the Oil & Gas UK Guidelines.
Course fees include:
- Issue of OPITO certificate on completion
- OPITO registration
- Vantage registration
- Course certification in Log Book