3 Days HLO for NUI Operations Initial Training
Designed to meet the OPITO standard for training Offshore Helicopter Landing Officers (HLO) for NUI Operations.
a) A valid Dangerous Goods By Air Certificate AND
b) A valid Radio Operators Certificate of Competence (ROCC) – UKCS Operations only
The aim and objectives of the Offshore Helicopter Landing Officers (HLO) for NUI Operations programme are:
- HLOs to understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
- HLOs to understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
- HLOs to understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
- Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an NUI can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
- The roles and responsibilities of both the HLO and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
- Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
- Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios – some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.
Recommended refresher training
- Currently OPITO require you to carry out refresher training every 2 years.
Course fees include:
- Issue of OPITO certificate on completion
- OPITO registration
- Vantage registration
- Course certification in Log Book