4 Day MARITIME TRAINING IN ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING (STCW/MCA)
The course has been developed to educate and train a specific element of the regulatory requirements referred to as STCW 2010. It can only be undertaken as a separate course.
Completion of maritime basic training in fire prevention and fire fighting or a suitable alternative programme.
Delegates successfully completing the course will have gained knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Understand the principles involved in controlling fire fighting operations on board a vessel
- Manage and control fire fighting operations onboard a ship
- Organise and train onboard fire parties
- Inspect and service fire protection and extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
Recommended refresher training
In accordance with the Manila Amendment, the certificate holder is required to undertake the Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (UPAFF).
Course fees include:
- MCA certification
- Course certification in Log Book